Blue Flag for Boat Owners
Individual boat owners and boat users who want to participate in the Blue Flag programme can do so by complying with the Blue Flag for Boat Owner's Environmental Code of Conduct. By signing the pledge you commit to;
- Not throwing litter into the sea or along the coast.
- Not releasing toilet water into fresh waters, coastal waters and sensitive areas.
- Not releasing poisonous or toxic waste (oil, paint, used batteries, cleaning agents, etc) into fresh waters and the sea. Waste will be disposed of in appropriate recycling facilities.
- Promoting the use of recycling facilities (glass, paper, etc).
- Using the most environmentally friendly products that are available and work efficiently.
- Reporting pollution or other violation of environmental regulations to the authorities.
- Not engaging in forbidden fishing practices and I will respect periods when fishing is prohibited.
- Protecting animals and plants in the sea, including not disturbing of breeding birds, seals or other marine mammals.
- Respecting vulnerable and nature protected areas.
- Avoiding damaging the sea floor (in the way that I anchor, etc).
- Avoiding disturbing fishery or fishing gear.
- Not using objects made from protected species or from archaeological underwater findings.
- Encouraging other boaters to take care of the environment.
For more information on the Blue Flag for Boat Owners please get in touch with the Blue Flag Team